QPix provides extended acquisition capabilities, supporting all modern image acquisition standards:
- TWAIN: a specification commonly used for interfacing applications with scanners and other imaging devices. Available on all platforms.
- Mac OS X Image Capture: standard method for interfacing applications with digital cameras on MacOS X. Image Capture is an implementation of the Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP), a standard defined by the Photographic and Imaging Manufacturers Association (PIMA).
- Windows Image Acquisition: standard method for interfacing applications with digital cameras on Windows. WIA too is an implementation of the Picture Transfer Protocol.
- QuickTime Video: standard method for interfacing applications with video cameras on Mac OS X.
- DirectShow Video: standard method for interfacing applications with video cameras on Windows.
QPix organizes all acquisition standards into three acquisition protocols:
- TWAIN Protocol: covers TWAIN devices on all supported platforms.
- Picture Transfer Protocol: covers MacOS X Image Capture and Windows Image Acquisition.
- Video Protocol: covers QuickTime and DirectShow video.
QPix provides the following acquisition features:
- Multiple-image acquisition: acquire all pages loaded on a scanner's automatic document feeder (ADF), download all pictures from a digital camera, or acquire a series of frames from a video camera.
- Faceless acquisition: one-click acquisition without showing the device's user interface.
- Direct-to-disk acquisition: acquisition is done directly to disk, thus minimizing memory requirements.
|QPx_AcqTestProtocol||Test the availability of an acquisition protocol|
|QPx_AcqGetDeviceList||Get all devices available to an acquisition protocol|
|QPx_AcqSelectDevice||Display the device selection dialog for an acquisition protocol|
|QPx_AcqGetPicture||Acquire a single image into a 4D picture variable|
|QPx_AcqGetSingleImage||Acquire single image to disk file|
|QPx_AcqGetMultipleImages||Acquire multiple images to disk files|
|QPx_AcqRunSession||Run an acquisition session|
|QPx_AcqSetImageFolder||Specify the storage location of acquired images|
|QPx_AcqGetImageFolder||Get the storage location of acquired images|
|QPx_AcqSetNotificationHandler||Specify the device notification handler|
|QPx_AcqGetNotificationHandler||Get the device notification handler|